These balsamic chicken strips make for a kid-friendly dinner with have grown up flavors!
This post contains affiliate links. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
This is the kind of chicken recipe for when you’re tired of chicken. It’s sweet and tangy and goes with just about everything. I’ve had it with veggies, over rice, with pasta, or in a salad and every time it’s good. Which means it makes for some fantastic leftovers!
You can also do this recipe with chicken breasts, if you’re got those on hand. Cook them on the stove for a minute or two longer per side (depending on the strip size) and skip the oven.
Balsamic Chicken Strips
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- Cut the chicken into strips and mince the garlic. Combine the chicken and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag. Shake to coat the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- After the chicken has marinated, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Save the marinade for the moment. Transfer the chicken thighs to a baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the chicken is baking, make the sauce. Turn the stove temperature to medium low, add any excess marinade to the pan along with butter and the remaining 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar. As it heats, scrape the stuck on bits off the bottom of the pan. Once the mixture has combined, add the honey and increase heat to medium. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes, just until it’s thickened.
- When the chicken is ready, add it back into the sauce and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the chicken in the sauce to coat it well!
These balsamic chicken strips are the kind of dinner I like to bring to parents with a newborn, or serve to friends with picky kiddos. It’s really good alongside Greek Vegetable Salad!
What do you like to serve that works for both kids and parents?? Leave your favorites in the comment below!
4 thoughts on “Balsamic Chicken Strips”
I’m obsessed with anything balsamic….this looks super easy and nutritious!
LOVE me some balsamic! 🙂
I love this!! Awesome recipe…I am a chicken fan….So, I would be trying this for sure!
Me too! It makes for a great [easy] weeknight dinner!