What tastes like chocolate chip cookies but better? Chocolate chip cookie bars!
This post contains affiliate links. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
There’s something about cookie cake. The thick dough and gooey chocolate has this intensely comforting effect, especially when it’s warm from the oven.
Even better, this recipe is quick to whip up for a dinner or movie night or hostess gift!
Always, the start: cream the butter.
Add the sugars and vanilla. Beat well.
Beat in eggs, one a time, until well combined.
With the mixer on low, add in your sifted dry ingredients.
When the dry ingredients are almost fully incorporated, add the chocolate chips.
I always load mine up with chocolate chips. More on top for good measure!
Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350°F, until it’s a beautiful golden brown on top and a toothpick stuck in comes out clean.
LOADED with chocolate, and right on the verge of being undercooked.
Gooey and warm and perfect for a crowd.
Recipe based on one I found on So Festive.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Cream the butter for 2 minutes, until lighter and fluffier. Beat in sugars and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add 1/2 the dry ingredients to the mixer and stir to combine, then add the second half.
- When flour is nearly combined, add the chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Spread evenly on the baking dish. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in comes out clean.
4 thoughts on “Chocolate chip cookie bars”
These look so amazing! Great post x
so glad you liked them!!
Thanks Mel! They are amazing and one of my go-to desserts when I need a winner!!