Happy October! We’re currently in Alabama visiting our friends Lindsay and John!
Can pre-transition transition be a thing? Because that’s what September has felt like. We’ve finished up the main elements of what has made up our lives the past few years – law school is finally over, we’re both currently unemployed, we’ve even given up most of our furniture already! – but haven’t yet gotten to say “go!” on the next phase.
How did I do this month, goal-wise?
- Read 6 books – check! Including what was probably one of my favorite fiction books ever, The Night Circus. I loved it!
- Write 8 blog posts – Yes. Posts are taking longer than they usually do, because compressing our travel adventures (and getting the photos down to a reasonable number to share) takes more time! But it’s definitely been fun to have more free to time to devote to it! #unemployedlife
- Use up pantry supplies – Making a dent, slowly. Between the traveling and making last stops at our favorite local restaurants, we’ve eaten at home less than usual. But we’re chipping away!
- Purge stuff – Oh goodness gracious this takes forever. But yes, progress. I’ve taken two carfuls of stuff to donate, and now we’re beginning to go through the attic.
- Most (not all) editing Europe photos – Ha! This was a bit ambitious. I’m far from finished, but I have gone from 7500 photos to just over 2000. I’m basically done with Italy photos!
- See lots of friends! – Trying to squeeze in as many social events as possible. Got to soak up my NC people!
- Watch a lot of movies – We’ve officially finished Stranger Things. (I have mixed feelings about it. Let’s chat.) I got it into my head that I wanted to watch all the Harry Potters and James Bonds. We’re 4/8 and 4/26 respectively, so we’ve got a ways to go.
This time is definitely a gift though: we’ve been able to see friends, visit family, head to some favorite restaurants and old haunts around town, and get ready to move in a non-frenzied speed.
So… setting goals for the next month seems
complicated. Here’s my best attempt:
- Read 6 books
- Write 8 blog posts
- Finish editing Europe photos
- Celebrate our wedding anniversary!
- Move, if at all possible
- Find housing for our next location
- Continue to get time with friends & family!
I’m going to be nice to myself this month and not set too many to-do items. Goodness knows there’s enough unpredictability happening, so we’ll just see what happens.
The links above contain affiliate links, which means I get a few cents (at no extra cost to you) if you book or buy something via that link. This helps me keep costs down and posts up! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.