Salmon with quinoa and broccoli is a healthy meal that’s simple enough for a weeknight meal and nice enough for hosting!
It’s high time for some salmon up in here! We now eat salmon almost weekly, but usually it’s a basic preparation, roasted with whatever vegetables are lying around. What I’ve realized it that as we’re eating more fish is that fish doesn’t take complicated sauces to taste absolutely amazing! With just a few tweaks (and none of them take much time) we can make a delicious, fancy meal that isn’t much more effort than something thrown together.
What sets this dish apart is the sauce. Again, it’s nothing fancy, but it’s so deliciously crave-able that you’ll keep coming back for me. Complete game changer! And only four ingredients.
This meal feeds roughly two, with a bit of leftover meat and veggies. You can scale up your ingredients to feed whatever number, but it’s so tasty straight from the oven that I prefer it fresh.
Roasted Salmon with Quinoa and Broccoli
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 12 oz salmon fillets
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss the broccoli with garlic, 2 tbsp canola oil, chili powder, salt and pepper and spread on a baking sheet.
- Cook the broccoli for 20-25 minutes, flipping the broccoli with a spatula halfway through.On another baking sheet, place the salmon coated with canola oil, salt & pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Usually I put the salmon in right as I’m flipping the broccoli, and that gives me a perfect medium-cooked salmon.
- While the broccoli and salmon is cooking, cook the quinoa according to package instructions. For best tasting quinoa, cook in chicken broth instead of water.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil with rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- When the salmon is done, break into chunks with a fork. Serve the salmon and broccoli on top of the quinoa, with the sauce poured over everything.
This meal comes together in 30 minutes and is perfect for a healthy and refined weeknight meal. Salmon with quinoa and broccoli quickly become one of our favorite ways to eat salmon!
What’s your favorite salmon dish?
All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.