With shrimp, corn, zucchini and corn, this summer shrimp stir fry is the most summertime dish ever!
This post contains affiliate links. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
If you asked me to choose one meal to represent summer, it’s this. This summer shrimp stir fry has all the best summertime vegetables: juicy tomatoes, zucchini, and corn fresh off the cob. There’s almost no seasoning because with such great ingredients, all you need are the basics: lemon, salt, pepper and garlic. Topped with basil and parmesan, it is straight up irresistible!
Here’s how irresistible it is: every time we make it, someone says “this is one of my favorite meals!” Husband, brother, dad, me. It’s that good.
It’s the kind of recipe that takes more time to prep the ingredients than to actually cook them. My mom uses a bundt pan to cut kernels off corn: stick the cob into the hole in the middle, then run the knife down the sides. The kernels catch in the bottom of the pan, even if they fall all over the place!
Summer Shrimp Stir Fry
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 zucchini
- 3 ears of corn
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- 10-12 basil leaves
- shaved parmesan for topping
- rice or pasta
- Prep the veggies: mince the garlic, cut the zucchini into half moons, slice the tomatoes in half, and cut the kernels off the cob.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter and heat the olive oil together in a pan. When hot, add the garlic and shrimp. Cook about 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are just cooked. Set aside on a plate, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, then push the zucchini to the outside edges.
- Add the corn and cook another minute, then stir the corn into the sides with the zucchini. Add the tomatoes and cook another minute. Stir everything together and cook another minute or until the zucchini is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the shrimp back in. Squeeze juice of one lemon over the whole dish and stir.
- Serve over rice or pasta and garnish with chiffonaded basil and shaved parmesan.
What meal represents the essence of summer for you?? Let me know in the comments!
4 thoughts on “Summer Shrimp Stir Fry”
This is such a perfect meal for summer! I’ll eat pretty much anything with shrimp in it!
Girl, yes! I’m with you on that!
what a lovely meal to have in the summertime, it looks so, so delicious!
Shrimps are my favorite sea food and this recipe is great…. Looking delicious