Can someone please explain to me how it’s already most of the way through January? Of 2018??? I know it’s trite, but seriously, WHAT IS HAPPENING. Between holiday celebrations and the new year seeming to disappear without a trace, my winter bucket list has made slow progress.
By my count we’re halfway through winter. Unlike the calendar officially says, I’m defining winter as December, January & February. By March I’m ready to move on to spring, and the weather here in Oklahoma certainly has.
Until spring weather arrives, here are my winter bucket list updates!
Winter Bucket List
- Introduce Wedge to snow: Sadly, we haven’t had any yet! Despite many days of below-freezing temperatures, we haven’t had any real precipitation yet. Fingers crossed!
- Make Christmas cookies: Twice! You can see our cookie adventure with my favorite Altus two year old.
- Read Big Magic, Love in the Time of Cholera, and Surprised by Scripture: Can I make a confession? Love in the Time of Cholera was a little disappointing. I know it’s this epic romance of lifelong love, but I didn’t like or even really trust the male lead.
- Make homemade pasta, macarons, and hot cider: Zero for three so far, but I got a pasta roller for Christmas so this will happen soon!
- Look at christmas lights: Naturally. In multiple states.
- Spend a snow day watching movies: Sort of? No snow, as mentioned. But I did take a hard core rest day on a recent Sunday and barely left the couch. It was a lovely way to transition from the holiday season back into the real world.
- Make a 2016 photo album: Progress! This seems to be the project that gets pushed off the list each day. But we’re getting there.
- Photograph weekly: This was a fun challenge in December, when there’s constantly events or beautiful decorations. It’s harder to bust out my camera regularly when life revolves around my house, so less.
There’s still more than a month left to make progress on these, and I’m especially excited about homemade pasta making an appearance. We’re also trying to squeeze in more weekend adventures pre-deployment. We spent MLK day in Dallas, so check back soon for some Texas photos!
How are your winter goals going? Did you make a winter bucket list?
The links above contain affiliate links, which means I get a few cents (at no extra cost to you) if you book or buy something via that link. This helps me keep costs down and posts up! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.