Adulting may be tough, but it doesn’t have to be boring. I’m here to provide travel advice when you want to go and delicious recipe for when you stay!
So what’s your thing?
Our thing is living life actively. Choosing to not get sucked into the grind that feels like it’s about to engulf your life. To working hard AND fitting in travel, and to eating well even on a budget. We’re about figuring out how to chase your dreams and get the laundry done. You know, adulting. But adulting well.
Who are you anyway?
I’m Emma, the travel nut and aspiring foodie behind everything you see here. I started writing as a way to record my efforts to get beyond the daily humdrum of work-cook dinner-watch TV-bed that my friends and I seemed to get sucked into. I wanted to find ways to build adventure into my life, whether it’s a fabulous trip, finding a new hike, or trying something new to cook!
Things worth knowing about me:
- I grew up in the south, so don’t be surprised if I throw a few y’alls in there. Don’t hate on it too much, it actually works grammatically and I kind of love it.
- I’m married to a fantastic guy, Logan. He’s my partner in crime and adventure buddy.
- I’m a military spouse! It’s led to a pretty unconventional life, including being stationed in rural Oklahoma as our first [current] assignment.
- We have a 100 pound German Shepherd puppy named Wedge. Hilariously, he thinks he’s about 40 pounds and is the least alpha dog I know. He thinks the 50-pound mutt down the street is bigger and stronger than him.
- Currently obsessed with, in no particular order: Star Wars, having my next flight booked, trying to make everything shown on the Great British Baking Show, and learning new things (knitting! Spanish! fill in the blank!).
What’s with the name?
Like most toddlers, I played a lot with my parents’ kitchen stuff: bowls, measuring cups, anything in the bottom cabinets. My favorite was the measuring spoons, which they hung on my nose. My parents love to tell me that I had a “teaspoon of nose” because that’s the size that fit.
If you’re wanting to stick around, you should DEFINITELY join our mailing list for exclusive content and freebies!