So, yes, it appears I’m on a cooking blogging kick. And on a Nutella kick. Today I’m sharing Nutella brownies!
These are absurdly good. Seriously. I think the best homemade brownie recipe I’ve come across. They’re not super Nutella-flavored, though: they mostly taste like chocolate, with an extra dose of fudginess.
Melt the butter on low heat over the stove – 2 sticks. No wonder it’s so moist! Once the butter is melted, stir in the sugar.
Once it’s all mixed together and stirred over low heat for a minute or two, transfer to a bowl and add the Nutella. This recipe could be done with a mixer if you want, but it turned out to be easy enough to stir myself, so I didn’t.
Fresh out of the oven! Look at that crust.
So good! It was hard to resist and save them for my students! It’s always hard to bake with the intention to give it away!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Using low heat, melt butter in a small saucepan. Once melted, stir in sugar and cook on low for 1-2 minutes. Make sure you stir constantly – don’t let it burn!
- In a large bowl, combine the butter mixture with Nutella. Once mixed, add in cocoa powder, eggs (better if they’re lightly beaten beforehand), vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the flour and chocolate chips: I usually add in half the flour and stir it mostly in, then the other half of the flour and the chocolate chip. Stir well until combined, but don’t overstir (especially if you use a stand mixer).
- Spread into the 9×13 and bake for 30ish minutes. I cooked it for 30, thought it looked not cooked enough and did it 5 minutes more and probably let it go a couple minutes too far. (It was still delicious, but a tad overcooked.)
Let it cool before trying to cut into it – at least 15 minutes.
The links above contain affiliate links, which means I get a few cents (at no extra cost to you) if you book or buy something via that link. This helps me keep costs down and posts up! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.