This coconut chicken curry is creamy and filling, and tastes even better the next day!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a few cents (at no extra cost to you) if you book or buy something via that link. This helps me keep costs down and posts up! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
I love curries. I still have a lot to learn about Indian spices and all they have to offer, we make curries a couple times a month at home and it’s one of our preferred dishes to order out!
This is one of those dishes that becomes even better the next day. The curry flavor grows, which is one of my favorite things about great spices. Sometimes I make it for just the two of us, looking forward to a week’s worth of leftovers for lunch.
This is also a great “starter” curry. If you’re not sure how you feel about Indian spices or curries, this is where to begin: it’s flavorful and full of spice but with no heat. It was the first curry I made for my husband after he tried Indian food for the first time and loved it!
To make a vegetarian version of this: double the potatoes, skip the chicken and substitute vegetable broth for chicken.
Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 14 oz cans coconut milk
- 3 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 oz frozen peas, thawed
- Skin and dice potatoes and slice the onion. Place both in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet or pan, then add chicken breasts. Brown on both sides.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and place over the potatoes and onions.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, broth, curry powder, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Half hour before it’s finished, add the thawed peas.
- Before serving, stir mixture well.
- Serve over rice.
I recently made this on a Sunday night, and we ate the leftovers all week long! We love this slow cooker coconut chicken curry!