These banana nutella muffins are easy to make and delicious for breakfast or bite to make your sweet tooth happy!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a few cents (at no extra cost to you) if you book or buy something via that link. This helps me keep costs down and posts up! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
Raise your hand if you have a freezer full of overripe bananas that need using??
Me too. And I love me some banana bread, banana muffins, or chocolate banana muffins. But what if we mix it up with some Nutella??
I made these for a bachelorette weekend a while back, and I swear they were the first thing to disappear. The best part is they’re surprisingly easy to whip up – just stir, swirl, and bake!
I used my mixer here, but they’re easy enough to whip up by hand without much effort.
Banana Nutella Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 overripe bananas (at room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extra
- 1/4 cup Nutella6 (approximately)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, was the banana with a fork. Add the sugar, brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla and mix well. Add half the flour mixture and mix until just combined, then add the other half.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and scoop batter in until they’re about 3/4 full. On top of each muffin, add a scant teaspoon of Nutella, then swirl into the batter with a toothpick.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
So easy! These banana nutella muffins make sense for dessert or breakfast, because muffins are socially acceptable for breakfast. Plus bananas = healthy breakfast option, right? Now go get those frozen bananas and start baking!