About a year ago, Logan and I hatched a plan. After three years of law school and three months of bar prep, we knew we would need a vacation. A just-the-two-of-us, Big Deal Vacation.
We dreamed of Europe. Of gelato and pastries. Of castles and cathedrals. Of back street wandering, of old world beauty. Of pure, uninterrupted time free of studying or work.
Y’all, I’m not exaggerating when I say that daydreaming of this trip has gotten me through law school and is currently getting me through bar prep. To say nothing of my saint of the husband who is actually doing the work.
Fast forward almost a year and we’re nearly there! Our European adventure is taking form.
Our itinerary has shaped up like this so far:
- We’re trying to see Scotland, England, France, Italy, and possibly Monaco and Switzerland.
- In Scotland, we’ve got a day trip to the highlands and a day in Edinburgh.
- England will be pretty brief too, just a few days in London.
- From there, we’re renting a car to see the rest of France and Italy!
- Must-do areas include Normany, Loire Valley, Cinque Terre, Florence, and Rome.
- We’re trying to spend a day in Monaco and swing over to Geneva for a bit too.
We’ve done most of the broad strokes planning, but I’m still working out the details. Here’s where we need your help: what pro tips do you have for us?
What’s your favorite hostel, airbnb, or hotel? Foods we’ve got to try? Adventures to be had or neighborhoods to be wandered? Restaurants to not miss?
Let me know what we should do! Comment below or shoot me an email to share your thoughts.
Thanks y’all!! We are so excited for this trip!
all images copyright Teaspoon of Nose