As a teaser for more on our recent trip to Europe, here’s a look at some of our trip statistics!
- Locations visited: 14
- Nights gone: 30
- Most steps in one day: 26,351
- Steps down to the train station in Corniglia, Cinque Terre: 387
- Time we climbed them in 48 hours: 6
- Pokemon go players spotted: at least 50
- Times Logan drove with a local In the car, shouting directions in Italian: 1
- Nights we spent without air conditioning: 23
- Nights this was an issue: 3
- Times Emma ate pasta: 18
- Times Logan ate pizza: 21
- Km driven: 3000+
- Times offered a selfie stick by a street hawker: 28,472
- Showers with curtains: 2
- Gelati flavors tasted: 12
- Modes of transportation: 7
- Times jumped off a mountain : 1
- Steps up the duomo: 468
- Time Emma spent speaking French in Italy or Italian in France: 24 hours after crossing each border
- Lost luggage: 0
- Longest time (in days) in any one city: 4
- Days started with pastries: 27
- Borders crossed: 8
- Times we were asked to see our passports when driving across borders: 0
- Photos taken: 7,525
In conclusion, we had a fantastic time. Ate like kings, slept in a lot of different beds, and experienced more a given month than I think I ever have before in that time frame. It’s taken me longer than I expected to organize my thoughts (not to mention edit the photos) but I have so much to share with you!!
all images copyright Teaspoon of Nose
0 thoughts on “By the Numbers: Europe”
So exciting! Can’t wait to see pics and hear about the details! 😀 I laughed at the idea of you all in a car with Logan shouting directions in Italian. And hey, 23 nights without AC and only 3 of them were problematic? That’s a good record. 🙂
Thanks Liz!! And seriously – if we did that well in August, I get why no one owns AC units in Europe!
Yay, can’t wait to hear about your trip! Sounds like your steps outnumbered the pastry breakfasts 😀 always a good thing!! And lol on the selfie sticks!!
Haha Thanks Jodi! The walking DEFINITELY let us eat everything without worrying too much about it!!