Happy fall!! I hope everyone is enjoying cooler temps, pumpkin carving, and whatever else you do to live it up in autumn. We only just got cooler weather in past week, but I am so glad it finally arrived. How’s your fall bucket list going?
You can see my full fall bucket list here, but here’s the progress I’ve made so far:
- Host my parents next weekend for the Altus Air Show: We had a fantastic time and I was so glad to show them a bit of my home!! You can see more of the air show here.
- Make pumpkin cookies and butternut squash soup: Loving these fall foods! I’ve yet to attempt macarons or mulled wine, but I’ve been giving the frosted pumpkin cookies all over the place and so far they’ve gotten a big thumbs up!
- Our Mexican vacation family reunion: We’re on vacation right now!!
- Start running with Wedge: Started, yes! I’m a hot mess on the fitness train in general, but trying to be more consistent. Results of running with him so far include: he’s incapable of running in a straight line and a 10 minute run does more to tire him out than a 30 minute walk.
- Read Lonely Planet’s Travel Writing, The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis and Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist: It’s no surprise, but I absolutely LOVED Present Over Perfect. I’m really relating to her desperate need to choose slowness and real life over frantic checking off the to do list and saying yes because it’s easier than saying no.
- Host a football game day party. Didn’t host, but we have watched several football games with friends. I’ve been working a bunch of weekends so it’s been hard to do weekend fun.
- Make a 2016 scrapbook: I’ve started! Let’s be honest, I’m pretty sure I won’t finish it before Thanksgiving. But I’m making progress, and it’s one of my favorite projects to make!
- Take my camera out to photograph something weekly. I haven’t been as intentional with this as I’d like. I am trying to take my camera with us when we go out and because of that I’ve happened to take photos nearly every week. But hoping to do more of this once we’re back from vacation.
As usual, I had grand schemes of being super proactive and doing ALL THE THINGS, and I haven’t made quite as much progress and I thought I might. But these things are meant to be fun so I’m not as concerned about completing the whole list.
How’s your fall bucket list going? I’d love to hear what you’ve done in the comments below!!
All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.