Hummus-crusted chicken makes a great effortless weeknight meal that’s healthy to boot!Jump to Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
It’s Sunday! And freezing! What on earth is going on with this weather??
I was going to start this post with a bit of detailing all the 54839570 things going on in my life. Then I remembered that 95% of people have that many balls in the air, so let’s just skip that part. Let’s assume we’re all busy.
So the short version is: when life is too full for much thinking ahead on meals, hummus crusted chicken is a winner. One dish, simple ingredients, and it can feed two people or ten.
Easy beginning: quarter a zucchini and cut into chunks.
Put the zucchini in a plastic bag along with olive oil, salt & pepper, and onion powder. Layer evenly in a greased baking dish.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then place the chicken breasts on top of the zucchini. Spread with a thick layer of hummus. YUMMMMM.
Squeeze lemon juice over the entire pan, then sprinkle generously with paprika. I always make sure my paprika gets over the veggies as well as the chicken!
Bake for 25 minutes (or until chicken is done) at 450, and enjoy!
Comes out rich and comforting and tasting much fancier than it actually is!
The whole process takes about 35 minutes, with 25 of it just cooking in the oven? Yes please. You can also sub out whatever veggies you want – whatever you have in your fridge!
Tools you’ll need: knife, cutting board, 8×8 Pyrex dish.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 zucchini squash or one of each (or another vegetable, like green beans)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- Cut the squash into quarters and then chunks. Put in a plastic bag with olive oil, salt and pepper, and onion powder. Shake well to coat, then dump into the baking dish.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Lay on top of the squash, then cover with a thick coat of hummus. Squeeze lemon juice over everything, then add a layer of paprika over the hummus. Sprinkle some extra paprika over the squash.
- Bake 25 minutes or until chicken’s internal temperature is 165°F.
What are your favorite ways to cook chicken? Tell me what to try next!
Want more weeknight dinner inspiration? Try quinoa fried rice, frittata, or kitchen sink curry!
5 thoughts on “Hummus-Crusted Chicken”
Great Post 👍
[…] asparagus is so simple! What’s your favorite way to serve vegetables?? I love these alongside hummus chicken, sloppy joes or a frittata. Let me know in the […]
Can I make this with boneless skinless chicken thighs?
yes! It might need a few minutes of extra cooking time. Use a meat thermometer to take the guesswork out – chicken is done at 165°!