Creamy spinach artichoke chicken tastes like spinach dip in meal form!Jump to Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
One of my favorite effortless group appetizers is spinach dip. It’s quick and easy to make, and you can do it in a slow cooker or serve a cold version for the heat of summer. It’s such a crowd-pleaser!
So imagine a dinner that tastes like that! Mouth watering yet? Me too. That’s what brought about this creamy spinach artichoke chicken.
Creamy spinach artichoke chicken comes together in about 20 minutes, making it a solid dinner option for weeknights. There’s not too much chopping either, so you can get to cooking – and then eating – pretty quickly.
Let’s talk chicken for a sec. If you want to, you can dice up the chicken before cooking it. That will speed up the cooking time and mean you don’t need to pop it in the oven. But I recommend cooking it whole because the chicken stays tender and won’t dry out. Your call.
Serve over rice or potatoes. Both are good, but rice is my favorite because it perfectly absorbs the sauce.
One helpful thing to make this recipe come together perfectly is to make sure the cream isn’t freezing cold. Ideally, it would be room temperature before it hits the pan. If you don’t have time for this, make sure to get it out of the fridge before you start cooking and then set it near the stove or oven as you start.
If you’re in a bind, you can use frozen spinach, but you’d need to thaw it first. I like fresh because you can buy a bag then throw the entire thing in there!
I used jarred artichokes and sliced them thinly. If you truly don’t eat artichokes, you can skip them. But trust me, it’s better when they’re there!
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion medium
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cup cream at room temperature
- 3 ½ oz artichokes jarred in oil
- 3 oz mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups spinach
To serve with: (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Start the rice or potatoes to serve with the chicken if wanted.
- Remove the artichokes from the oil and set them on a towel to drain for a minute, then slice. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat a skillet then add a tablespoon of oil. When it's hot, add the chicken. Sear 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Check the chicken's internal temperature with a thermometer. If it's less than 165°F, transfer it to a baking sheet and roast in the oven 5-10 minutes. When it's done, set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and saute onions on low for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute, then the artichokes for another minute.
- With the heat still on low, add the cream and mozzarella and stir to combine. When the mixture is hot, add the spinach and stir to wilt. As soon as the spinach has wilted to the level you want, add the chicken back into the pan and serve!