For those times when you can’t think of what to make for dinner this week: make this. Bourbon Chicken in a slow cooker is delicious! Plus it’s easy, even by slow cooker recipe standards.
I’d be wiling to bet you have all or almost all of these ingredients in your kitchen already. Another great thing is you can serve it over just about anything. I like best over rice, with a side of roasted veggies.
But it’s versatile; do what sounds most appetizing!
Start by pulling out all the ingredients.
It’s so easy: whisk together the sauce, then pour over the chicken!
Cook on low in a slow cooker for eight hours, and you’ve got dinner. Done!
The sauce is sweet and spicy and good. I love it with rice to soak up that extra sauce.
Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or more for spicier
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- Combine all ingredients except chicken. Whisk so the cornmeal incorporates.
- Add the chicken and pour the sauce over top. Cook for 8 hours on low.
- When 15 minutes before eating, use two forks to loosely shred the chicken. I like big chunks for this dish.
That’s it! Serve over whatever! The leftover can be used on anything: as a sandwich, topping a salad, or over rice or pasta. What about zucchini noodles? That may be my next experiment!
I’d love to hear how you like it best! Comment below for your creative uses of bourbon chicken!
The links above contain affiliate links, which means I get a few cents (at no extra cost to you) if you book or buy something via that link. This helps me keep costs down and posts up! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.