Looking for some no-fail Christmas gifts ideas?? Today, we’re sharing a gift guide for the chef: 25 no-fail gift ideas for the aspiring gourmand or home cook in your life.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose 2012-2023.
Happy Black Friday everyone!!! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! We had a blast with some friends in town and their kids, and I made
But onto the next unofficial holiday: black
Everything on this list either something I already
If you’re looking for more gift inspiration, try our gift guide for the traveler too!
These are just a few ideas to get you started! I barely scratched the surface when it comes to kitchen appliances, but that category will depend on what they already have and what kind of cooking they love the most!
Gift Guide for the Chef: 25 ideas for the home cook
- You can never have enough cookbooks
y’all. On my list this year? This, this, this, and especially this.
- One of the most underrated tools in the kitchen: a mandoline! (If you need inspiration, it’s the perfect tool for ratatouille and sweet potato gratin.)
- If you’re so hungry you could eat a horse, this will help you measure for that.
- Everyone needs a cast iron skillet. Plus, they’re cheaper than you think.
- The secret MVP of soups and sauces is a stick blender. They don’t take much space, so they’re great for apartment living.
- For perfect pie crusts, pesto, and so much more, get a food processor.
- Want to get a little fancy? Make your own pasta! You can 100% taste the difference, and the activity makes a great date night in.
- Let’s be real: the absolute best gift you can give is a KitchenAid stand mixer. I heart mine and if you’re looking to spoil someone, give them this.
- Everyone can always use a beautiful cheese plate! Perfect way to make things look fancy and this slate one lets you label it with chalk.
- These are technically measuring cups (and I love using them for that), but they also make cute serving dishes for sauces and such!
- Colorful bowls and platters for serving are always a fun way to liven up the table!
- Part cookbook, part DIY guide, part coffee table conversation starter: I want this book.
- Given the choice, I’d go for espresso over coffee every.single.day. For an easy way to make espresso at home, use an
aeropress. Made by the same people who make discs (you know, frisbees), which is weird, but this baby is my go-to for espresso drinks at home!
- Got more of a tea person on your list? Give them a manatea! Cute AND effective!
- I use a Yeti for water and it’s the single reason I drink enough water in a given day. It’s a universally great gift.
- You can never have enough mugs. Cute, cozy, or sassy options for ya.
- Moving to the after-five beverages: I’m a sucker for a beautiful carafe whenever someone comes over for dinner. I love it when useful things double as decor!
- Never serve watered down cocktails again: in sphere or cube versions.
- Consolidate it all with a beautiful and functional bar cart. I love this one!
- Best way to protect your furniture? Have adorable, classic, or eye-catching coasters.
- These are magnetic, meaning you won’t constantly be digging for that 1/4 tsp measuring spoon.
- My mom has one of these baking mats, and I’ve wanted one for years. This version also has mini circles to measure out your macarons – #bakinggoals, right?
- This is marketed as a fondant roller, but it’s the best rolling pin to get perfectly thick pie crusts and cookies!
Alsosomething I covet in my mom’s kitchen: these nesting meauringbeakers. They’re perfect for liquids and kind of adorable.
- Something beautiful to display their creations, obviously.
Here are a few ideas to get you started. You can find everything on this gift guide for the chef in one handy list here on Amazon! Do you have a favorite gift for that friend who loves to cook??
You can also check out our gift guide for the traveler!
Want more gift help? Try my gift guide for the traveler, or shop small at my Etsy shop! We’re having some special weekend-only deals, including free domestic shipping on all orders!