This lemon herb chicken is easy to make and perfect for a flavorful weeknight dinner!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
If you’re looking for a weeknight dinner that’s low on work but high on flavor, try this lemon herb chicken!
It can be hard to come up with simple, delicious meals on weeknights. Usually, you’re too tired to come up with something elaborate or time-consuming after getting home, so keeping it simple is crucial. I recently tossed this lemon herb chicken together when some friends came by for dinner, and it was a huge hit!
I love this dish for simple hosting on week nights. Nobody has time for fussy food – including your guests! – so this is something you can have on the table quickly without ignoring your friends to finish up in the kitchen.
I made this recently hosting some old friends I haven’t seen in a long time. I didn’t really know what their food preferences were or if they had any allergies, but this dish is so versatile that as long as they eat chicken, this will win the day!
The best part is you can marinate it the night before for even more flavor. All that’s left the night of is brown and bake. Pair it with a good salad or tray of roasted veggies and it’s a whole meal!
Bonus: it makes enough to do a meal prep on Sundays to feed you a healthy lunch all week long. Just add a slightly different mix of veggies each day so you don’t feel like you’re eating the same thing the whole week! I’ll throw it over a salad for a few days and pair whatever leftover veggies from other dinners on the others. No fuss meal prep!
Marinade ingredients keep it classic!
Lemon Herb Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 large breasts cut into chunks works well
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp oregano dried
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Zest then juice the lemons into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Add herbs, oil, and garlic. Shake well to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and seal shut. Marinate for 1-2 hours in the fridge, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and take the chicken out of the fridge to allow it to get to room temperature.
- Brown the chicken by cooking in an oven-safe pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes each side, then transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes. You know chicken is done when a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
Uncomplicated and delicious weeknight dinner, and its kid-friendly!!
Do you host friends on weeknights? How do you handle hosting after busy days??