Salmon with lemon-mustard vinaigrette will become your new favorite weeknight meal!Jump to Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
This salmon with lemon-mustard vinaigrette is one of those meals that gets its perfection from simple ingredients done really well. Make a great piece of salmon along with simple potatoes and green beans – what’s more simple?
I don’t usually share full plated meals like this, I know. I tend to either do the one-pot meal thing for weeknights or just a main dish or side dish on its own. But this one just made sense as one “recipe.” Each part is simple to make, and the flavors all work together so cohesively. The sauce’s lemon and Dijon work so well with each element, especially the salmon. And you really want the potatoes to balance out the tang of the vinaigrette.
While I usually think of vinaigrette, I think of salad dressing. But tossing it on salmon, green beans and potatoes is a thing of beauty too!
You can cook the salmon either as one large fillet or portioned out, whichever makes you happy. I like cooking as one piece because it allows me to keep track of less; but the harder part is getting a good grip on it when it’s time to flip!
Either way, check for bones. I know it sounds obvious, but even in the States when you buy it boneless they sometimes miss one!
Like all vinaigrettes, the amounts should be flexible to what tastes best to you. I like mine with enough Dijon mustard to balance the lemon well, but if you want more zing, add more lemon!
Because of its simplicity, salmon with lemon-mustard vinaigrette makes the perfect weeknight meal. The amounts here makes four servings, but you can always halve it if you’re feeding fewer and don’t want leftovers.
Salmon with Lemon-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 24 oz salmon fillet
- 1 lb potatoes small or new
- 1 lb green beans
- 8 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp parsley fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Quarter or half lthe potatoes: the goal is for all chunks to be roughly the same size. Boil a large pot of salted water and add the potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes boil, trim the green beans. Add to the boiling potatoes and cook another 5-10 minutes, until the beans crisp tender and the potatoes fall apart when stabbed with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat and put in the salmon skin side down. Cook 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet and flip, cooking 3-4 minutes more.
- Beat together remaining oil, mustard, lemon, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Plate the salmon, potatoes and green beans, then pour the vinaigrette over everything.
This salmon with lemon-mustard vinaigrette should make it into your weeknight meal rotation, pronto! They’re fast, simple, and good for you.
For more recipe inspiration, check out all my weeknight meal suggestions!