Cream cheese pound cake is the perfect offering for your next office potluck or birthday! It’s creamy, rich and dense without being heavy!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.Jump to Recipe
I grew up with my mom making cream cheese pound cake all the time. A friend’s birthday, an office celebration, a church potluck: the cake. It’s still her most-requested dish, hands down.
Recently I made it for my husband’s office – working from home means if dessert is around, I’m probably eating most of it by myself, gulp – and realized I’d never actually shared the recipe here!
Beyond the fact that this cake tastes phenomenal, there’s another reason why it’s great for group events: it’s really easy to make. All you need is baking time, and there are so few steps to make it that it’s actually possible to knock it together on a weeknight before dinner. Just pop in the oven, watch an episode or two of Game of Thrones, and you’re done! There’s no frosting, and while a glaze would probably be tasty, it’s such a good cake on its own that you don’t need one! If you want to get fancy, add some strawberries and whipped cream.
Another plus: this cake will feed a lot of people. Because pound cake is so dense and the cream cheese is so rich, you don’t need a bunch of it. One cake can get 24-27 slices.
You can do any type or pattern of
The best bit is the bottom of the cake, what’s on top in the oven. It’s light and fluffy and full of cream cheese goodness. So if you “just want one bite,” get that bite. You’ll thank me.
You may be all over this already, so skip ahead if you’re a pro. Greasing the pan really matters on this one! Because the cake has no frosting, there’s no way to disguise if bits stick to the pan. It’ll just look a mess. A delicious mess, but
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups butter softened
- 1 8 oz pack cream cheese softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed for at least two minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended after each amount.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10 in. bundt pan. Fill a 2 cup ovenproof measuring cup with water, put in the oven with the pan to keep the cake moist.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes in the pan, then flip from the pan and allow to cool completely before serving.
As my mom’s most-requested recipe, I haven’t messed with this recipe for cream cheese pound cake at all. What family recipes would you never mess with? Let me know below, and send me the recipe!!
As always, there are tons more recipes and completely doable recipes over on my Pinterest!