Slow cooker macaroni and cheese is the best thing you can bring to a party or potluck!
This post contains affiliate links. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.Jump to Recipe
Macaroni and cheese
Usually, I am one hundred percent team skillet macaroni and cheese. I want it gooey and oozing, full of melty cheesy goodness. The baked version isn’t my favorite – I think it usually loses some of that creamy goodness that makes it so completely irresistible. So until the past year, I never even tried to make macaroni and cheese in the slow cooker.
Last Thanksgiving I hosted after being out of town the week before, so I knew I needed my dishes to be simple – things I could pull together without a
So real talk: I worked on it without any huge expectations. It turned out to be the most popular side on the table! It was the only thing that had zero leftovers, and not just because of the kiddos.
Also, I love this stuff. Me, who usually looks down her nose a bit at baked macaroni and cheese. It’s got the
I made this recently for a four-year-old birthday party. I asked what I could bring, the dad (not the four-year-old) asked for the mac and cheese.
It’s using the Velveeta that lets the macaroni and cheese keep its gooey texture. I know, it’s fake cheese. But it works here. Just trust me.
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni uncooked
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook the macaroni to al dente according to the box instructions. Meanwhile, spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Drop the drained macaroni into the slow cooker and add the butter, stirring until melted.
- Add the Velveeta, milks, cream, salt & pepper and all but 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Cook on low for 2.5-3 hours. When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle with the remainder of the cheddar and give one more stir.
Writing this made me want some for dinner! Hmm, I wonder if I’ve got enough cheese in the house right now…