When the weather starts to cool off and football kicks off, it’s time for buffalo chicken casserole!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.
I love buffalo wings, and this casserole version makes an easy way to feed a crowd without 45789427 chicken bones left over. Frank’s red hot sauce gives that firey buffalo flavor, topped with cheesy, creamy, potatoes to balance it out and make it the ultimate comfort food!
Buffalo Chicken Casserole makes a great game day meal, and works at a tailgate if you’re local! Just heat it before you get there and dig in.
Or serve it when you need some good warming up after the first few days of cooler temperatures. That hasn’t happened yet here, but you know, hypothetically.
Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- pinch salt & pepper
- 1 cup light ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 6 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a 13×9 baking dish.
- Pat down thawed hash browns with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- In a small pan, melt butter over medium heat, then mix in flour.
- Whisk in milk and chicken broth until fully combined, then add garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Whisk on low heat until the mixture thickens to a paste. Set aside.
- Coat the chicken strips in the hot sauce, then put in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Combine flour mixture, dressing, hash browns, and 1/2 cup cheese, then spread on top of the chicken.
- Top with panko and remaining cheese. Bake, covered in aluminum foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20-25 more minutes.
That’s all it takes for easy,