This alcohol-free margarita punch is the perfect spring mocktail for your next party!Jump to Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you have any questions about this, just click here! All content copyright Teaspoon of Nose 2012-2024.
This margarita punch we served at a recent bridal shower is actually a mocktail! If you’re looking for a nonalcoholic option for a party, this is a winning choice. It’s easy and make ahead, and you can personalize it to fit your sweet tooth!
Since we were embracing the joyful green color, I wanted a green punch. If you ever search pinterest for “green punch,” nearly everything has lime sherbet in it. Hmm. Lime sherbet’s not my favorite, and our bride doesn’t love super-sweet things.
Finally, I thought about margaritas! The irony wasn’t lost on me that I picked a nonalcoholic punch recipe based on a cocktail, but it fit in every other way, so why not??
First things first: you need an occasion. We grabbed our beautiful bride with a love of green and limes. You can use this for any party, or throw yourself a party just because it’s Thursday.
Easy ingredients, nothing too complicated.
After letting your concentrates melt a little, whisk them together with the sugar. Make sure the sugar gets fully incorporated (aka no floaty blobs of powdered sugar). This takes a mix of good old elbow grease and waiting to make sure it melts enough to take the sugar in.
Add the water! Then pour into a gallon bag and freeze until you’re party-ready.
To decide on the amount of sugar, think about how you like your margaritas. Or lemonade, if that’s more your speed. I like more tart than sweet in mine, so I went with a scant 1/3 cup. But don’t forget that the concentrates and the sprite will also add sweetness.
Bonus: If you do want to add some excitement, grab your favorite tequila. I leave the ratio in your capable hands.
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz frozen limeade concentrate
- 12 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups water
- 2 liters Sprite
- 2 limes
- tequila optional
- Before beginning, let your concentrates melt in the fridge.
- Combine the lemon and lime concentrate in a large mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar – I recommend sifting it first, this will make the whole process a little easier.
- Add the water and put the whole mixture into a gallon freezer bag. Freeze overnight or at least four hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, put the frozen mixture into a punch bowl or pitcher.
- Add the sprite (and tequila, if you want) and mix well. The texture should be slushy but combine fully with the Sprite. I always add ice to keep it cold for hours, and mix in lime slices.
This serves about 20 people, so for a big party consider doubling! Plus, it keeps in the freezer. I’m considering making this and keeping it in the freezer all summer long for those nights you just need a cocktail.
Want more delicious Mexican inspiration? Try classic margaritas (these pack a punch!), Mexican grain bowls, classic carnitas, or seven-layer dip! Or better yet, pack a bag and head south to get the real thing.